From 2012-2018, Bob Glenn provided caring, committed, and citizen centered representation as your City Commissioner.
Today, Bob is asking for your support to return to the commission in order to regain the energy and forward momentum the city has lost in recent years.
During Bob’s Service on the Commission the City won major recognition including:
- Named All-American City (2012-2013) – 1 of only 10 nationwide.
- Record number of new jobs brought to Owensboro – including Alorica, Specialty Foods,
- U.S. Bank and Toyotetsu expansions (2012-18).
- Business Insider Top 10 Cities for Millennials to Buy a Home (2017).
- Smothers Park/Lazy Dayz facility named Best Playground in the World (2015).
- Major Flood Control Projects completed in Fairgrounds, Parrish Avenue, and other areas (2012-2016).
- Supported pay raises for Owensboro Police and Firefighters (2017).
- Named One of the Best Cities in the South to start a Small Business (2015).
- Collaborative projects funded: Owensboro Convention Center, Bluegrass Hall of Fame & Museum, Castlen Dog Park, Centre Court Tennis Facility, and Futsal Courts.
Bob currently serves as:
- Chair, H.L. Neblett Center Board
- Board Member, St. Benedict’s Homeless Shelter
- Board Member, Daviess County Imagination Library
- Board Member, Bold Promise Scholarship Program
- Board Member, Crossroads Women’s Emergency Shelter
- Member, Owensboro Lions Club
- Lay Pastor, Bethlehem United Methodist Church
Has Served as:
- City Commissioner 2012-2018 Mayor Pro Tem 2016-2018.
- City Representative, Greater Owensboro Chamber of Commerce Board
- Chair, 7 Hills Neighborhood Alliance
- Member, Mayor’s Small Business Development Committee
- Member, OCTC Presidential Search Committee, City Representative
- Member, Regional Education Alliance
- Member, Vision 2065 Healthcare Work Group
- President, Owensboro Toastmasters
- Area 43 Director, Toastmasters