From 2012-2018, and from 2020 until now, Bob Glenn has provided caring, committed, and citizen centered representation as your City Commissioner.
Today, Bob is asking for your support to continue on the commission in order to continue the energy and forward momentum the city has gained in recent years.
During Bob’s Service on the Commission the City has won major recognition including:
- Owensboro continues to have one of the lowest unemployment rates in the United States
- Continued job expansion with New and Existing Companies (2021-22)
- OMU Water Plant Expansion Completed (2022)
- Development of Upgrades at Cravens Pool (2022-23)
- Approval of Flood Control Project for York Area Neighborhood (2022-23)
- Expansion of Station 2 Owensboro Fire Department (OFD) (2022)
- Major Upgrades of Owensboro Police Department (OPD) Training Center (2022)
- Pay raises for City Employees including Public Works, OPD, and OFD (2021-22)
- Major Flood Control Projects Completed in Fairgrounds, Parrish Avenue, and Scherm Road (2012-2018)
- Business Insider Top 10 Cities for Millennials to Buy A Home (2017)
- Named One of the Best Cities in the South to Start a Small Business (2015)
- Smother’s Park/Lazy Dayz Facility named Best Playground in the World (2017)
- Collaborative projects funded: Owensboro Convention Center, Bluegrass Hall of Fame and Museum, Castlen Dog Park, Centre Court Tennis Facility, Upgrades to Hillcrest and Ben Hawes Golf Courses, Centre Court Tennis Facility, and Futsal Court Construction.
- Significant New Residential Developments (e.g. Bluegrass Commons, Brio Condo Project) Throughout Owensboro.